* Over 85% of public school children are on free-reduced lunch
* Children consume on average, one-third of their daily caloric intake at school
* Research show that one in five children are overweight or obese by the time they reach their 6th birthday
* "Inadequate activity" is now one of the top 5 risk factors of why children drop out of school early.
Begin with the following:
* Each school should incorporate and implement the Running Club** program in their school
* Continue with "My Plate" food group lunches in every grade
* Initiate a Health and Fitness class before school and/or after school
* Remove "competitive" foods availability found in vending machines, plus unhealthy foods offering before class and during lunch
* Develop school "wellness policy standards" so each school becomes a "healthy school"
* Implement a "From the Ground Up" garden, per school with each grade taking part
(** program I have already developed and implemented)